City Clerk

Roles and Responsibilities

The City Clerk is an unbiased public servant who promotes open government and transparency of information by providing a link between residents and government. The position of City Clerk is a statutory position required by State law.

The City Clerk’s Office documents democracy by authenticating, recording, and maintaining the City’s official legislative acts. It assures compliance with legal requirements for Washington State municipalities, including the accuracy, organization, accessibility and protection of all essential public records. The Clerk's office is a valuable public information center. 


The City Clerk's office provides a variety of services that support the mayor, city council, city departments, and the residents of Snoqualmie including:

  • Provides administrative support for the Mayor and City Administrator
  • Coordinates with city departments to prepare materials for City Council Meetings
  • Prepares & Publishes City Council and Council Committee meeting agenda packets and takes meeting minutes
  • Provides public notification of special City Council meetings
  • Maintains official documents, including ordinances and resolutions
  • Facilitates compliance with open public meeting laws
  • Manages the City's comprehensive record management systems to include retention, archiving, destruction and disposition of City records as required by the Public Records Act
  • Manages and responds to public records requests 
  • Manages the City's boards and commissions recruitment process to fill a variety of positions.
  • Serves as liaison to Pierce County concerning elections and voter registration

Claims for Damages

The City Clerk as the agent to receive claims on behalf of the City, pursuant to Chapter 4.96 RCW.

Claims may be submitted during regular business hours between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays and other posted closures. The City Clerk's office is located at Edgewood City Hall, 2224 104th Ave E, Edgewood, WA 98372. Phone inquiries may be directed to 253-952-3299.