Is this a change of use?

A change of use occurs when the general character of the existing or previous activities on the property differ from what you are proposing. This can include a different use as identified on the Land Use Table in EMC 18.70.050, a change in the structure’s occupancy classification as defined by the Building Code, or other changes in the characteristics of the occupancy, such as increased traffic generation or different hours of operation.

Uses that are vacated or abandoned for a period of six or more months are not considered “existing.”  

Show All Answers

1. Is this an allowable use?
2. Is this a change of use?
3. What permits are required for a change of use?
4. When is a permit required?
5. Will modifications to an existing space be required?
6. Is a Pre-Applications Meeting required?
7. Is a Site Plan Design Review required?
8. When is a Traffic Concurrency Reservation Certificate needed?
9. How much will a permit cost?
10. Is a business license required?
11. I'm located outside city limits, do I still need a license?
12. Can I operate my business from home?
13. I have an approved location, how can I apply for a license?
14. I have a license, how do I add a City of Edgewood Endorsement?
15. How do I renew my license?