Home Occupation Permit

chalk board

In addition to the business license requested through the Department of Revenue’s portal, a Home Occupation Permit is also required. Complete the permit form linked below and remit the final document to the City for issuance.

Home Occupation Permit (link)

  • Anyone engaging in business activities within the Edgewood city limits is required to obtain an Edgewood business license, to include in-home businesses, in-city businesses (owned and operated in the city), out-of-city business that have transactions in Edgewood, and temporary businesses.
  • Edgewood Municipal Code Sections 18.100.070 and 18.100.080 identify the standards for a Home Business and a Limited Home Business, respectively. These two categories of home occupation have distinct compliance standards that are based on the type of business proposed. A home occupation is intended to allow residents of single- or multi-family dwellings to operate businesses or conduct commercial activity from their principal residence or from a permitted accessory structure
    while achieving the goals of retaining the residential character of the dwelling and the neighborhood.