Position No. 6 - Vacant Councilmember Seat beginning 04/30/2019
(Please check out the AWC pamphlet on: "So you want to be an elected official..." for more information on running for office in Washington's cities and towns).
The City of Edgewood is seeking interested citizens to fill an unexpired term of office for City Council Position 6. Currently, the Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month for regular Council meetings and the first, third and fifth (when applicable) Tuesday of each month for study sessions, with special meetings scheduled as necessary. Councilmembers may also serve on local or regional boards and councils. Applicants should be substantially available to participate in such meetings. A full notice will be published in the News Tribune on March 21 & 28, 2019.
All interviews, application forms and information supplied by applicants are considered public records.
Opens: March 21, 2019
Closed: April 24, 2019 at 5 pm
Applicants must submit:
- Application form
- Letters of endorsement/recommendation (optional)
Requirements to hold Edgewood City Council public office:
Interview and announcement schedule:
- Announcement of all applicants’ names: April 25, 2019
- Announcement of applicants selected for interviews: April 25, 2019
- Applicant interviews: May 7, 2019, Study Session
- Council decision and announcement of appointee’s name: May 7, 2019
- Appointee swear-in date: May 14, 2019