Edgewood offers a unique opportunity for go-getters, pathfinders, and rising stars to shine in a creative and innovate environment. With a staff of 15, we only work with the best self-motivated applicants to help shape the future of Edgewood.
Edgewood is located in northern Pierce County, bordering the cities of Puyallup, Sumner, Pacific, Milton, and Fife; and located just 20 minutes east of Tacoma. The City incorporated on February 28, 1996 and maintained its character as a small-town residential community with a rustic quality. Last year, however, the city grew approximately seven percent and 2017 will likely surpass 2016 growth.
We are a growing city with a bright future looking for the ideal candidate to fit the team environment of a dynamic, small town. The ideal candidate must be an advocate for open government, a champion for civic engagement and transparency, and a hands-on professional with an appreciation for incorporating best practices dealing with emerging technology. The ideal candidate will be an individual with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills who is a process-driven, strategic thinker.
In return for hiring the best candidates, the City of Edgewood offer employees a stable and progressively responsible administration that supports staff, a quality benefits package that includes gold level medical coverage and some flexibility in work hours.
The city currently has no open positions.
The minimum experience and education requirements are posted with each job description below. We are looking to find someone who is eager to step outside his or her current comfort zone and accomplish greatness. We need the skills, but we are hiring for attitude. "We train people well enough so they can leave, we treat them well enough so they don't want to."
Should I Apply?
- We are a small staff of highly competent, professional, motivated team members. A sense of humor is key, as long as it is geared toward the success and sensitivity of the team and community. We encourage quick wit and a positive attitude. The team is fast paced in a progressive setting and depends on each other to motivate, inspire, and keep the city moving forward. If this sounds like a place where your passion lies, we encourage you to apply!
- If you want to work with the freedom to excel and devise a work plan that helps the City succeed and you to grow, then you should apply.
- If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain a wide variety of skills and work on solving a diversity of issues, then you should apply.
- Please only apply for this position if you are willing to join forces with an organization that is focused on becoming the “Best [run, organized, transparent] Small City” in Washington.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for any of these positions, please send a cover letter, resume, and signed Equal Employee Opportunities (EEO) statement to the address or email listed below the job descriptions.
Equal Employee Opportunities (EEO) Statement (sign and return with submission)
The City of Edgewood is a Drug Free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Edgewood
2224 104th Avenue East
Edgewood, WA 98372-1513
Submittals may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIERCE COUNTY OPPORTUNITIES
|Police Department||Fire Department|
The Association of Washington Cities provides a great resource for municipal job listings in Washington State.Click on "Jobnet" to view current listings.
Pierce County lists information on current job openings on its 24-hour job line at (253) 798-7466. You can also visit their website at www.co.pierce.wa.us and click on "Jobs" under the question "How Can We Help You?".
The Washington State Department of Personnel can be accessed on-line at www.hr.dop.wa.gov.
- Careers in Government
- Washington Association of Building Officials
The Tacoma News Tribune's classified ads can be accessed on line at